Krenz & Company’s automatic transformer cooling fan control systems are utilized in conjunction with our top oil thermometer to provide for automatic control of the fans. Our controls are available as single stage control which energizes all the fans at once, or two stage control which energizes two different sets of fans at two different temperature settings.
All standard controls include the following features:
- Rated NEMA 4 as standard.
- Fully gasketed enclosure door with continuous hinge.
- The steel enclosures are powder coated light gray for a tough, durable corrosion resistant coating.
- Control is equipped with a dead front panel for operator safety to prevent contact with live parts. This dead front top panel gives free access to the selector switch(es) and breaker(s).
- Each control is equipped with a manual-off-automatic selector switch to provide for manual operation of the fans, or fully automatic control when used in conjunction with our top oil thermometer.
- Inside the control is equipped with the necessary contactors for energizing the fans and heavy duty terminal strips for connection of equipment.
- A simplified installation only requiring electrical connections to the main power, top oil thermometer, and fans.
All Krenz & Company automatic transformer cooling fan controls are fully customizable with various features. Some of the more common features include, but are not limited to:
- NEMA 4X enclosures in either fiberglass or stainless steel.
- Extra panel space for customer installation of equipment.
- Special terminal sections.
- Anti-condensation heaters.
- Loss of power relays.
- Enclosure lights.
- Ambient air thermometers when the installation of a top oil thermometer is not feasible, or desired.
- Contact factory for more options and details.